Sunday, September 8, 2013

Saying Hello

Aloha Friends!  I think I'm a little late jumping on the "splatter look" bandwagon, but I thought I'd finally try it out following this week's Seize the Sketch


Here's my take on it...


Hero Arts Stamp Your Story: brush, HA CL342, HA Scattered Dots, HA Sea Layering Papers, Neenah white CS, White Embossing
Powder, HA Tide Pool ink dauber, Memento Inks in Tangelo, Rose Bud and Tuxedo Black


What do ya think? I'm a little on the fence about it.  Wanted some kind of pattern to show through, but didn't want it too busy.  I wanted to call it my lazy Sunday card...except I pat myself on the back for getting out the heat gun!  All righty folks...until next time!


P.S.-I had a few people asking about the Hot Cocoa Cookie Recipe...here it is...straight off the back of this bottle found at Target...

 2 and 1/2 sticks room temperature butter
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/4 cups flour
4 packages Hot Chocolate Mix (not sugar free)
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup Marshmallow Bits

Cream together your butter and both sugars until light  and fluffy.   Add in eggs and vanilla and blend well.  In a separate bowl, mix together your dry ingredients, including your hot chocolate packets. Add the dry ingredients a little at a time to your wet ingredients. Form balls and drop onto cookie sheet.  Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes.   Allow to cool for approximately five minutes then remove from cookie sheet.



17 comments:

  1. Love it, the splatter paint is just gorgeous on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous!! LOVING those splatters!!! And yummmmmmmmmm to that hot cocoa!!! Totally pinning that!! YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your splattery card...so much fun!

    Hot Cocoa cookies? yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun! I love the splashes of color! Yummy recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card! using the heat gun is anything but lazy! love the color of your splatters
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fantastic! Yay to the spatter bandwagon! Giddyup! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card - love your stamping and great bg!!!
    Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this! the way the background stamp peeks through adds so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow love your splatter card really great, lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card!! Love the splatters...awesome colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a brilliant card, I love your take on the sketch and fabulous bright colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is soooo cool, Niki! The splatters against the embossed background! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like it, looks like you just flew by with the sentiment! For a moment I was wondering where you got the fun polka-dotted spatter stamp : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome take! Love this card with splashes of colors, Niki! GREAT work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, Niki! Congrats on being a runner up at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!